Home > Activities > Excursions > Tenerife
Head: Prof. Jürgen Breuste
Carried out: 2006, 2008, 2015
Duration: 7 days and a blocked course in Salzburg
Insulare Orobioms – sensitive Ecosystems, their usage and their protection – the example of the island of Tenerife/Spanin
Topics of the excursion:
For landscape extracts generic works have been done: Analysis of the landscape potentials; Determination of conflicts in the landscape and landuse development; Determination and justification of possible perspectives of the development (scenarios). Central point were the development of the nature and landscape and the correlating aspects of a comprehensive regional development.
Study areas: Parque Natural Anaga, Parque Natural Teno, Nationalpark Pico de Teide,Touristenküste (Playas de las Americas etc.)
Each participant of the excursion particular worked on one of the Study areas, still got known all the areas. Therefore research on follwing issues by literature studies, observations/inquiries at the areas and resuming post-processing were necessary.
Following topics were covered:
- Nature potentials
- Risks of usage
- Present Gegenwärtiger landscape protection and its realisation
- Touristic use of the agriculture
- Plans and setted development perspectives
Following quiestions were to be answered:
- Which natural equipment (vegetation structure, landscape elements) are especially important in the observed area (rarety, characteristic elements of the landscape)?
- How are they being used?
- How are they being protected?
- Are there conflics between Usage and Protection?
- How can these conflics be solved?
- Who is the owner of the important areas?
- Are there yet unrecognized valuable landscape parts?
- Which usage and protection advices can be given?